How to Uninstall True Key From Windows 7 – Easy Methods
True Key is password management software. It is provided by ‘Intel Security’. Not only you can have additional authentication factors to get more security but it is also free if you want to store 15 passwords. If you store more or you want to store more you’ll have to pay.
We install a program because it has very amazing functions and we want to use that program to enjoy the features it provides. Sometimes, several software or programs don’t get uninstalled from our PC once they get installed in it.
Also, some software gets installed on our PC without our knowing. When you install software, other apps are bundled and they get installed.
True Key has the same problem which many users are facing. Some are getting errors, and some don’t know the way to uninstall it. In this article, I have explained some methods you can do to uninstall True Key from your PC.
How to uninstall True Key from Windows 7?
There are various methods to try to uninstall True Key. Here, we will discuss some easy methods to do.
Method # 1: Control Panel
In this first method, we will try uninstalling the software by using Control Panel. Following are steps used to uninstall a program.
1. Start your PC and click on the Start.
2. From the Start menu, open Control Panel or search for it.
3. After the control panel window has opened.
4. Go to the Programs. After this, click on Programs and Features or Uninstall a program.
5. From the list, find True Key and right-click on it. Then click on Uninstall.
6. Complete the uninstallation of True Key and restart your PC.
This method is the most common method used to uninstall the most of programs from your PC. If True Key App doesn’t get uninstalled by this method then move to the next.
Method # 2: Remove Extension
When True Key is installed, its app is installed to manage it and an extension gets installed on your browser. To completely remove the True Key also remove the extension from your browser.
If method # 1 doesn’t work for you, try it after this method. Follow the steps below.
Everyone has a different browser according to what they like. Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer are very popular browsers which many people use for windows 7.
1. On your browser, go to the three-lined button on the top-right corner.
2. Click on it to open the Application Menu. Select “Add-ons and themes”.
3. Go to Extensions and then disable or remove the True Key extension from there.
1. Open the browser and click the Tools menu on the right of the browser.
2. Click on Extensions.
3. Select True Key to Disable or Uninstall.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Click on the Tools.
2. Select Manage Add-ons and Disable the True Key.
Method # 3: Other Software
If any of the above methods don’t work and if you don’t find the True Key in Programs and Features window. Then, you should uninstall any other McAfee software because True Key may be bundled with other software, and uninstalling that software will remove True Key with it.
Some users reported on the internet that True Key was bundled in their PC with McAfee Security and McAfee LiveSafe. In your case, this can happen to or True Key may be bundled with some other McAfee application.
Method # 4: Manual Uninstallation
In this method, you can manually uninstall the True Key from your windows 7 by deleting its Program Files. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Start menu. Search for services.msc and open it.
2. In the Services Manager, Scroll to find “Service Installer Wrapper TrueKey” in the list.
3. Right-click on the Service and click on Stop.
4. After that, go to C:\Program Files\True Key.
5. Delete all the files present there and restart your PC.
Method # 5: Closing Processes
The above methods are workable but if any of them doesn’t work you should close all the processes and then try any of the above methods.
1. Give a restart to your computer.
2. Close your browser as the extension installed in it connects with App.
3. Close the App completely.
4. Close processes from Task Manager, for this, right-click on the taskbar and then select Task Manager from the options. In the Processes tab, scroll to find any True Key processes and then close them.
In this article, I have given plenty of information and some factors which doesn’t allow you to uninstall True Key from your Windows 7 PC.
All the methods are easy, you can do this in a couple of minutes. True Key often gets installed unknowingly. These methods are workable and will work for you.