How to Uninstall Eclipse on Windows 10 – 6 Solutions to Follow
An eclipse is computer software usually used by programmers for programming purposes. This software consists of different tools that help in collaboration between different global communities and organizations.
It is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) from which users can extend their sources in programming using different tools. The primary language used in this software is JAVA.
Because it is a rigid application and just keeps on coming back to the system even after removing it from the system. This can bring malware to your system and can harm your system. It makes it difficult to find a remover or uninstaller for this app, which makes it difficult to remove an application from your PC.
Here we will discuss some easy methods from which you can remove the application from your system without getting any malware to your system. Many people face problems regarding the uninstallation of this application.
This is because firstly it doesn’t appear in the ‘program and features of the control panel that makes it difficult to find. Secondly, there is no uninstaller of it in the program uninstallation folder.
Solution 1: Uninstallation from Add/Remove program
Let’s try things by following these steps.
- At first, you have to stop the program by closing it, and if it makes it difficult, you can take help from the task manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DLT.
- After this, you have to follow a natural process of uninstallation. For this, you have to open the control panel and enter the installation/uninstallation folder.
- After entering this folder, you have to search in the eclipse program. Double click it and the main folder will be deleted.
- Other than this, you simply press the window key and press the ‘S’ key and type the required program. A folder named “Add or remove program” will appear on the screen. You have to enter the program and search for the eclipse application.
- After reaching this specific folder you just have to click on uninstall button when the popup command is shown on the screen.
Now the eclipse software is completely uninstalled from your computer system and no file is left in the system. If it is still uninstalled then make sure that any file is not left on the computer.
Solution 2: Uninstallation for the pool files
Sometimes it happens that the program is uninstalled from the system but some directories are still stuck in the directories. If these directories are showing in the system that means that the application is still available on your PC.
So, this can be simply done by searching all the folders and deleting all the directories from the folder. Delete all the folders and subfolders from the directories and you will notice that eclipse is uninstalled from your system.
Solution 3: Uninstallation through the restore
“System restore point” is another easy, operative, and fast method that enables the user to restore his PC into the original form, in which he was using it earlier without having eclipse.
But this method is workable only if you set a system restore point before the installation of eclipse software. This method will be competent and flatter once you are done using eclipse software. You have to follow these steps.
- For setting the system restore, first, you have to close all the applications that are running in the background.
- Now Press the‘ Windows + S’ key and search for the restore point in the folder.
- Once the folder is opened, you will see the system restore option.
- Open the click restore directory. Here you have to select the bar in which software is not installed till now.
- After clicking on the search bar you have to select the folder in which Eclipse will be installed.
- After selecting the drive, a message will be shown on the screen to accept or deny the process. You have to accept this option.
- After this, a notification will be shown that will tell that you can’t turn off the system restore point. This is the confirmation that the system restores point has been created in the system.
Solution 4: Uninstallation by using antivirus
As the software eclipse brings malware into the system so it needs an antivirus for protection. So, using antivirus against it is another helpful way to remove eclipse from your system.
Some people think that the software is not uninstalling due to system performance. But this thinking is false because it is due to malware or virus that makes it difficult to remove from the system.
In this case, you have just to install the antivirus and then scan from the malware. From this method, you can uninstall the software from your PC.
Solution 5: Uninstallation from registry command
When you are going to install the program on your computer, you have to save all the registry commands in your system so it may help you when it’s time to uninstall the application. you have to follow these steps.
- Press the “Window + R” key that will open a box to write Regedit. You have to press OK.
- Here you have to look for a directory that is named Eclipse HKEY/LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENT VERSION/UNINSTALL.
- Now click on the string value and copy all the data from here.
- Reopen the command box and paste the value there
- After this, just follow the given commands and you will automatically uninstall the software from your computer.
Solution 6: Uninstallation with the help of uninstaller app
Sometimes this may happen that none of the above methods works. At this stage, you have to install an uninstaller into your system to get rid of this app.
- Download the software named as an uninstaller.
- After completing the download, search for eclipse software and right-click on it. After that select the uninstall option.
- All the files and directories regarding this software will be deleted from your system and no files of the eclipse will remain in your system.
Solution 7: Uninstallation by installing new window
All the solutions that are explained are very easy and handy. But this happens sometimes that you can’t figure out that what is happening to your system.
At that stage, you have to renew your window. By renewing the windows, your system will work like a new computer. The hard drive is completely formatted here so you can get rid of the problem in this way.
It is quite easy to uninstall this software from Mac. It is similar to windows. Firstly, remove all the files, folders, and directories from your system. You also have to delete the subfolders from the system.
Now search the Eclipse service files from the Library folder. Here right-click on the files and you will see the menu bar.
Delete all the eclipse files from here that are representing Eclipse software. Furthermore, you can also download the dedicated uninstaller that will surely work for you in terms of uninstallation the software.
These were the best methods by which one can easily uninstall the software without damaging your PC. MAC and windows have almost the same working regarding this so you can easily get over the problem by following the instructions.