How to Reset Vizio Tv – Easy 2 Different Methods
Go to the menu by using Vizio remote, then highlight Settings and press OK. BY pressing the arrow buttons to highlight Reset and Admin. Then click on the Reset TV to the factory. It may ask for a password, in case you haven’t changed the password enter 0000. Click on Reset and press ok. The TV will then turn off and reset.
However, you can also reset your Vizio TV by soft reset methods that will be discussed shortly. So for that reason read the article about how to reset Vizio TV for complete information.
HOW TO RESET VIZIO TV
As time passed, TV became essential for almost every house. And thus, many TV manufacturing companies build TVs that meet the requirements of customers. Vizio also steps in to offer people affordable TVs that are not only very low in cost but also offer a variety of features.
Yet, sometimes technical problems occur that lead you to reset Vizio TV. And those who don’t know how to reset Vizio TV can take a lot of help from this article.
Reasons Behind The Reset of Vizio TV
There are certain circumstances in which it becomes necessary to reset your Vizio TV. Typically, a reset is a cure for many technical problems in a technical device. Thus, a simple reset can relieve you from many technical problems in Vizio Tv as well.
There can be many reasons which lead you to reset Vizio TV. And some of the reasons are listed as follows,
- Vizio TV runs slowly
- No display
- Smart functions do not work
- Freezing of screen
- Refuse to turn on
- Forgot password
- Loss of audio
- Wireless connectivity problems
Different Methods to How to reset Vizio TV
If your Vizio TV has any of the above-mentioned problems an easy reset can solve it. Vizio TV gives you three options of reset.
Soft Reset For Vizio TV
It is probably the easiest and effective way to reset Vizio TV and get rid of all the above problems at once. It enables you to rest on Vizio TV without any loss of personal information.
Soft reset requires,
- Unplug the TV’s power cord.
- Press the power button for about 5 seconds and release it at once.
- Plug back the cord and power on the TV.
3. Power Cycle Process
If the above method does not solve the problem you can go with the power cycle process which includes the following steps,
- Click the menu button and go to settings.
- Then highlight the “Reset and Admin” option.
- Select “reset” and press OK.
- The Vizio TV will now power off and turn on by itself.
- Your TV has now been reset.
Hard Reset For Vizio TV
Hard reset for Vizio TV is even a more in-depth solution. A hard reset requires turning off the TV, the same as a soft reset.
It wipes all the memory of the system and resets it to factory reset (same as new, when you buy it). We recommend you to first perform the soft reset, however, if it does not work out then you can go with hard rest.
Reset Vizio TV Method:1
To perform this method you must have the Vizio remote. This method involves steps that require a remote for accomplishment.
For the first method follow these steps,
- Disconnect your TV from any wireless network.
- Click “Menu” in the remote and highlight “System”, then click ok.
- Highlight “Reset and Admin” and press “OK”.
- Once you have done the above steps, click on the ” Rest TV to Factory State”.
- Enter the password if you haven’t changed it over time enter 0000.
- The reset option will highlight it and click OK to select it.
- The TV now turns off and reset.
- Now the TV will turn on with factory settings.
- Connect to the router and follow the steps.
This method may not work on older versions of Vizio TV, however, it is effective in newer Vizio TVs.
Reset Vizio TV Method:2
If all the above-mentioned methods do not work at all then you can go with this method.
Following the below steps will lead to reset Vizio TV,
- Switch of the TV but do not plug out the power cable.
- Now press both the CH+ and CH- bottoms on the keyboard at the same time.
- Now press the power button on the keyboard for 5 seconds.
- Leave both the CH buttons.
- The press the menu button, as soon as the screen turns on you will observe an F icon in it.
- Then select and hold the menu button for 5 seconds.
- A menu will open infront of you on the screen.
- Now you should be able to factory reset Vizio TV.
This is our article about how to rest Vizio TV. We have discussed 5 methods step by step to help you understand better and easier. The above-mentioned ways to rest Vizio TV are all tested and do not cause harm.
We hope this article was helpful to you!