How to Make A Working TV in Minecraft – Easy Steps
Minecraft is a sandbox video game developed by the Swedish video game developer Mojang Studios. Minecraft has since been ported to several other platforms and is the best-selling video game of all time.
Minecraft is a creative and survival game you have to be creative to make the game more enjoyable and fantastic. As you have to survive in the game and for that, you have to stay inside a shelter in the nighttime in Minecraft to hide from mobs that can kill you .for this you would need to build a small house or a large villa that’s up to you.
After building your villa in Minecraft, you have thought about furnishing it to make it seem cozier. Among the decorations that you would like to add, you have thought of a television, perhaps a large one, so that it can occupy the wall of the huge living room that you have built.
Unfortunately, however, you have no idea how to carry out such a project and for this reason, you have searched the Internet to find tips that can help you achieve your goal.
In this guide, I shall teach you how to create a decorative TV in Minecraft’s Creative mode. While you cannot create an actual working TV with channels, you can build an ornamental TV that will light up at the press of a button.
Materials required for building a decorative TV are:
- A building material (e.g., cobblestone or woods)
- Redstone repeaters
- Redstone lamps
- Redstone dust
- A lever
- A painting
Steps involved in building a TV in Minecraft are as follows:
- Build ourselves a room where we can build the TV
- Build a wall of 4×6 (4 blocks high and 6 blocks wide) where you will want your TV to be
- Remove the middle 2×4 (2blocks high and 4 blocks wide) blocks of walls and place Redstone lamps
- Place painting on the Redstone lamps
- Move to the backside of the wall and Place 1×4 (1 block high and 4 blocks wide) blocks of building material behind the wall
- Put Redstone repeaters on the layer of building material blocks
- Build a 1×4 (1 block high and 4 blocks wide) layer of building material block attached to the previous layer.
- Connect all the Redstone repeaters by Redstone dust with each other
- Connect the Redstone repeater with a lever or button by Redstone dust.
Now your TV should turn on and off by lever or button
Additional decoration to make it realistic:
- Add speakers to both corners
- Add furniture to the room
- Place 2 blocks of cyan terracotta on each side
- Put an item frame on blocks
- Place buttons on item frame so that the terracotta blocks look like speakers
You can place a tower of jukeboxes around the sides of the TV if you want a functional set of speakers, or you can place a speaker-like item (e.g., a Wither Skeleton skull) on either side of your TV.
Note: Since the TV itself doesn’t display a moving image, using ornamental (nonfunctional) speakers are fine here.
Add furniture to the room
Use quartz stairs for a white couch, or wood blocks for end tables. You can also add a block of glow-stone to add a warm light to the room.
Turn on your TV. Select the lever to “turn on” the TV. Especially if the room is dim, this will light up your TV room, allowing you to enjoy your television.
This is without a doubt a very complicated process to create a realistic-looking flat-screen TV that technically doesn’t play anything. That being said, even though you have to follow everything to the letter, once you have finally gotten what you wanted, it will all be worth it once you build a house around it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there a way to make sound or music come out of it?
Yes, if you leave some of the jukeboxes open (no blocks on top of them), then insert a music disk into them, you will have music. It won’t be coming out of the TV, but the sound will be close enough
Q: Can I make one in a treehouse?
You can make it anywhere, but it’s best for the sake of realism if it’s in a living room.
Q: Does the television work?
No, these instructions are for creating a mock TV. It will look like a TV to you and your friends, but you won’t be able to turn it on and use it. This is not possible in Minecraft.
Q: Can I craft a music disk in Minecraft?
No, you can’t craft them