How to Fix Resolution On Computer to TV HDMI – Easy Steps
Table of Contents
If you have connected your TV with your PC or laptop using the HDMI cable to view the media contents and other items on a big screen but you have a problem in setting the resolution and looking for a way to easily solve the problem because the TV is showing the image blurry but not in HD as it should.
HDMI TV and HDTVs come with large resolution but you are not able to get that. Here, in this article, you will figure out the way to fix the resolution on Computer to TV HDMI.
What is HDMI?
HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface, which simultaneously transmits video and audio from a source like a computer to a computer monitor, TV, etc. The video and audio are transmitted through a single cable.
HDMI is now widely used and becoming popular. It’s very easy to set up, as a single wire can do two works at the same time. HDMI is now used by many people in home theatres which include HDTVs, projectors, etc.
Connecting your computer to TV HDMI is also a very good option. It can be good for movie lovers, gamers, and everyone.
How to fix the resolution on Computer to TV HDMI
Now in computers, the two most popular and widely used operating systems are Windows and Mac OS. Here, we have listed the method for both.
1. How to fix Resolution on Windows to TV HDMI?
If you have connected your computer to TV HDMI and you have windows installed on the computer. You have to adjust the resolution on your computer in display settings which can result in fixing the resolution on TV.
First of all, if you have bought your TV by yourself then you must have an idea of how much resolution does it supports.
To change the resolution on Windows which can result in HD result in HDMI TV, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner.
2. Now click on the settings.
3. When the Settings gets opened, click on the System.
4. When you have two displays connected, one is the primary display of the computer and the second is connected to it just like a TV with HDMI. You will have to select one display. Choose the right one to which your HDMI TV relates from options 1 or 2. Most probably it will be 2.
5. Now you’ll find the Display resolution. In that drop-down list, you can check all the resolutions one by one and then click on ‘Keep changes’ once you have found the correct resolution. Most probably you’ll find your desired result on that resolution which is supported by your TV.
2. How to fix Resolution on Mac to TV HDMI?
If you have your mac connected to the TV by HDMI cable, you can fix the resolution on your mac to see if it works. MacBooks don’t have an HDMI port.
So, how you’ll connect a Mac to TV HDMI. For this, you’ll need an adapter that you will connect to the USB-C port available on MacBook. And then finally you can use the HDMI cable.
We have given you the way by Apple’s User Guide for mac to set the resolution for the connected display. Here’s the way to fix the resolution on your Mac to TV HDMI:
- On your Mac, choose the Apple menu.
- After this, click on system preferences.
- Now click on Displays and then click Display.
- Press and hold the Option key while you click on Scaled to see the resolutions for the second display (HDMI TV).
- Select the option for the second display.
- Choose the resolution which fits well.
Some app windows may not fit entirely on the screen, this depends on how you adjust the resolution.
An Extra Fix
Now after these fixes, you can do one more fix if these don’t work. Every TV has its designed software. So, what you can do is to switch on your TV. Connect it to the computer using an HDMI cable. Try the above fix and if doesn’t work possibly this method can work for you.
Well, for this you have to read your TV Guide. If you know how to fix the aspect ratio and resolution on your TV then you don’t need the guide.
Open the menu of TV and in the Display tab, enable the screen fit option if you have. If not you can do it manually to see what aspect ratio works.
I have tried to make sure that this article can be easily understood by you and you can fix the problem in no time. The above fixes on your computer will work and the extra fix may fix your problem too. I have explained everything. I hope you can do it easily.